def. Random, capricious, and entirely unnecessary misdirection of a trail route humorously provided by trail developers for entertainment of hikers.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 1: AM - Meeting Tita Eva and Vietnam by Day

To fully understand how hard it is to live in a foreign country, one MUST experience sitting next to people who are just about yelling in monosyllabic singsong.

It's just our first day here out in Vietnam and I'm already loving the country. Pero I love Tita Eva more. Super cool!!

Grabe siya!!! She met us at the airport, got us a ride for just 300,000 dong (Yup. That's cheap. We'll expain soon), and went to our hotel early in the morning to join us for breakfast. She interviewed all of us. It was just a short period of time, but I instantly loved her. :)



We went to the Independence Palace to take pictures. It was fun until the weight of my backpack weighed my mood down.

But it was fun nonetheless. Videos of some stuff we did will be posted soon.

My heart was heavy the whole time we were there. Prayer-walking in a foreign country is an altogether different experience. We prayed for the people in power in Vietnam. We also asked God to place Godly people in government positions to open the door completely to the Gospel of Christ. I hope that we keep praying even after we leave.

Other highlights for the day include:

1. Crossing the streets with all those motorcycles.
2. Trying to play one of their native instruments. (I'll be posting a vid about this soon.)
3. My swollen hands. Probably because of an allergic reaction to something.

Keep praying guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment