def. Random, capricious, and entirely unnecessary misdirection of a trail route humorously provided by trail developers for entertainment of hikers.

Monday, April 4, 2011

VLog 001: Age Does Matter --Dee

I don't really know how to describe this experience. As some of you might know, this is the second time I have ridden a plane and the first time I have EVER gone out of the country. To be honest, I feel like I'm dreaming, and we've been away for two days only!

But I don't really wanna talk about my feelings. I think a story will be more interesting. :)

So...we were in the immigration section at NAIA. There was a long line of passengers waiting for their turn to go to the window, hand over their departure card and passport, get it stamped, and then board the plane. We decided to come in groups of three and four since there are seven of us. I went with Ate Tess and Ate Mitch; Lyqa, Abby, Nicey, and Gio went together.

When it was our turn, the immigration officer took a while before stamping on our passports. He asked kung anong gagawin namin sa Vietnam, kung ano daw ba kami sa Messiah, etc. Tapos he went and consulted something with the chief immigration officer who was sitting near the entrance near the metal detector/x-ray chorva. After that, he let us in.

Ate Mitch handed our IT receipt to the CIO. He looked at our passports. Then he asked, "May DSWD clearance ba kayo?"
Ate Mitch was like, "Po?" with a confused look on her face, which I had, too.
"Sino bang kasama niyo?" he asked further.
"Sila po," we said, pointing to the other group. Ate Tess stayed behind to wait for them.
"E ano ka ba sa...ano toh, Messiah College?"
"Opo. Ah, staff po ako."
"Sinong kasama niya? Wala kayong magulang na kasama?" His tone was serious and...yung tipong mararamdaman mong may tinutumbok siya. Scary.
"Wala po. Kami lang po nung kapwa ko staff."
"Ah, e hindi pwede yan. Dapat may DSWD Clearance kayo!"
We were getting worried and really confused by that time.
"Bakit po? Para saan po ba yun?" Ate Mitch asked. Kamot-ulo na kami tapos tanaw nang tanaw kay Ate Tess.
"E siya," he said, pointing to me. "Wala siyang kasama e! Dapat may clearance ng DSWD na pwede siyang mag-travel na walang kasamang magulang."
And I was like, "Po?"
"E bakit, ilang taon ka na ba?"
"Twenty po."
The CIO broke out with this bellylaugh and said, "Ano! Akala ko 16 ka lang!"

Yes, Sir. I get that a lot. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment